Tuesday, May 8, 2007

This River Rocks !!

The River Rock Scarf is finished. Yarn: Handmaiden Silken in Colorway Paris, just over 1 1/2 skeins.
Beads: more than 1550 6/0 beads in Matte Gold from http://www.earthfaire.com/
Needles: 4.5 mm, US 7.
I really liked knitting with this yarn, I know completely understand why Amy is in love with it !
This was the first time I knitted with beads, at the beginning it fussed a bit with them but after a while it went smoothly. It also isn't the las pattern I'm going to make from the book !
If you want to see more pictures you can visit my blog at http://blackbunnyisknitting.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Color me impressed! That is amazing!! When I saw that scarf in the book I loved it, but when I read the number of beads that had to be threaded prior to knitting...ugh... You give me motivation to give it a try...later.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Beautiful scarf…great job! I loved this scarf in the book, but I've never knit with beads before (and I haven't actually knit much more than hats yet), so I was a bit intimidated. Seeing your scarf really makes me want to try it, too! :)

Kate said...

wow! that is gorgeous!!!!

Kristina B said...

Oh no - now another project that I *must* do from this book!!!

It looks fantastic. I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it. And I had been avoiding buying that yarn... !!! (due to cost...). Oh well. Very inspiring. This KAL could get quite expensive for me... ;-)

Tammy said...

Stunning! And very impressive beadwork.

Kristina B said...

Silly query - I looked up the bead website and they have lots of fab choices - but what quantity do they sell you for the price posted? (prices between $5.00 and $6.00 USD I take it).

Marianne said...

Kristina,
The beads are sold in containers with around 400 beads in them. So you will need 4 containers.

Kristina B said...

Thank you, Marianne... far more reasonable than I would have hoped!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

Wow.. that is a lot of beads. I just did a skullcap recently with about 110 size 6 beads and I thought that was cumbersome... Congrats! You can definitely wear this one with pride.