Saturday, May 5, 2007

Finished Object: Tomato



I love this shirt.



Two weeks, that's all it took. I did work on it a lot, but I also have a full-time job and spend 9 hours a day, 5 days a week at work, so I didn't have that much time.

I did the second-smallest size on size 7 circs, the Denise Interchangeables were great for it. Those colours are Periwinkle and Stone, in Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton, and while I bought 5 hanks of the blue and 1 of the brown, I have one whole hank of blue left (I made the shirt 2.25" shorter, since I'm only 4'10") plus a partial ball of blue, and brown.

Edit: I traded the remaining yarn.

6 comments:

Kristina B said...

Amethyst, the sweater looks fabulous! Great colour (I love periwinkle...)

Lisa said...

Your sweater is beautiful!!

Kim said...

I love that periwinkle on this pattern. Nice work!

Holly Bee said...

I love it! With the color, it's a fancy heirloom Tomato!

RandomRanter said...

I really love that blue! Okay, bumping this up on my to do list.

Stitch-ay Woman said...

I'd be interested in a trade-- I have an extra ball of Calmer in Garnet if you are interested, or a skein of SWTC Bamboo in plum... and a lot of other stuff, frankly. I've tried the Blue Sky organic cotton, but not the dyed. Email me at stitchaywoman@gmail.com if interested.