Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bacardi colour choices...

Hi all: I'm posting partly to motivate myself to stop knitting millions of tank tops (have been off work this week) and to make a start on the fabulous projects in this book! Here are the colour choices I've finally settled on for the Bacardi - having been living with various combos from my 20 colour Super 10 stash marinating for the past week:



Not as clever or as subtle as those picked by the designer, but I like them, and I guess that's what counts! ;-) At the very least, gotta love a pattern that calls for one skein only of several colours - it's great for us Super 10 hoarders out there!

I must confess that I have made a start on the He Gansey...



...but abandoned it in favour of two or three tank tops in more cheerful colours. No fault of the design (and I will get back to it after the Bacardi). I blame instead my poor long-suffering DH who insisted on grey. It's a nice shade of grey, but it is still... grey. SIGH. I will have to remember never to consult him again on colour choices (though it will go nicely with his eyes...)!

Please send me good sheepless (er... sheepish? Never!) vibes.

Cheers,

kristina
http://knitwitsvengeance.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Stitch-ay Woman said...

Make sure to knit a generously-sized gauge swatch! Even more important than usual with fair isle---
Oh, boy, you're going to be tackling fair isle in cotton. Goody. This will be eeenteresting.

Ang said...

I know what you mean about men and dull colours! I've been knitting a jumper for my DH for months now and have to stop every now and then for a burst of colour.

Love the colours for the cardi, looking forward to seeing it.

Kristina B said...

I do hope it will be "vedddy eenterrresting"! One good thing about the pattern is that it seems one can get away with quite a bit of slip stitch for the colour transitions, which suits me better than fair isle. I have worked with this particular yarn rather obsessively... er, extensively... in past, though, so I think it will work out OK. ;-)

Kristina B said...

PS riggwelter - glad to know that you can relate - I actually groaned out loud and at some length when DH told me his colour choice for this. He asked what my problem was. I said that I couldn't explain as he had never, and probably would never, have to knit a 45" sweater calling for 20 balls of... grey. I don't think I could have knit this in the wintertime... it would have just been TOO depressing ;-)