Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hi, I'm new here.

:-)

My best friend Holly and I are doing the Tuscany shawl for the KAL. I fell in love with it when I saw Amy wearing it at a book signing at Threadbear, and I have a skein of Briar Rose Fibers Sea Pearl that I've been saving for it.

Will anyone get upset that my yarn is 50% merino, though? For me, that's pretty good, considering I knit almost entirely with wool all of the time. I've never knit with tencel before, and this yarn feels good in my hands.

I'd post a pic, but the camera's down for the moment. Maybe an update picture tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristina B said...

Speaking for myself, I certainly wouldn't be offended. ;-) To me it comes under the "variations" heading. I am a bit opposite from you - usually knit with cotton/other non-wool but have substituted wool in a couple of patterns calling for cotton with good results. Would love to see your photos!