Monday, May 21, 2007

Another Berthe collar


Hi! This is my first post here. Hopefully I won't babble on too much. Apologies in advance if I do.

I used a blue variegated cotton yarn that I bought years ago at Paradise Fibers in Oregon. It didn’t come with a label. It was in a 100% cotton basket.

I used size 6 circulars (I don’t like straights.). I cast on 101 sts. When I reached the end of the row and ran out of stitches, I decided to do the increase in the 2nd to last stitch no matter what the stitch count was. As a result, that end has a nice diagonal slant to it.

I used the suspended bind off. It really helps me achieve a loose bind off. I usually bind off too tight.

I didn’t like the look of the garter stitch edge. So, I used the remaining yarn & picked up stitches along the edge using a slip stitch crochet stitch. I then went back & tried several variations doing multiple stitches in one stitch. I wanted to have a wavy edge. I wound up doing 2 double crochets in one stitch and then a single crochet in the next stitch and repeating that until the end of the row.

3 comments:

RandomRanter said...

Very nice!

Kristina B said...

Beautiful colour choice. Wear it in good health!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

Oooh, I like the tip about the suspended bind-off. Thanks!