Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bacardi geek (but only 50%...)

Well, here is my "geek sample" for Bacardi, worked over 40 sts and 25 or so rows on my trusted Addi Turbo 4mm needles:



...and for a more impressionistic view on a backdrop of Super 3 knitted fabric (Monet had nothing on me and my sadly lacking camera ;-)...):



To complicate matters, this sample is not done in the colours I picked for the sweater but in remnants I had in the stash (did I mention I'm a Super 10 addict?). This was my rationale for not doing a full 6x6 sample... ! I also did not wash it as I am so familiar with the yarn that I know how it behaves with stripes and chequerboard (excuses, excuses... bad, bad, BAD knitter!)

I cut the colours by and large as I was working - this wasn't necessary but it was late at night. Otherwise, I can tell already that the pattern will be very fun to knit - relatively minimal effort for fabulous results! There is one wonky grey row (which is my fault as I used the slip stitch the wrong way.

I'll be starting the cardi this weekend. I'll keep you "posted" (hardy har har).

2 comments:

Riggwelter said...

That's looking fab...you're tempting me into knitting this one next...hmmmmm

Kristina said...

Go for it... I'm actually going to start it tonight (can't wait!).