Wednesday, May 2, 2007

No Sheep Times Two

Hello Everyone-
It's been inspiring to read about all of the projects everyone has been doing from the NSFY book. There are so many in the book that I want to make--I have a bunch of post-it flags sticking out of my copy. Currently I am tackling two, Tuscany and Cables and O's.

I'm making Tuscany out of Handmaiden SeaSilk in Glacial. I'm just finishing up the 6th pattern repeat now. Part of me was excited, thinking I was more than half way until I realized that I just keep adding more stitches with each row! But still, it has been so satisfying to see this beautiful pattern come to life beneath my hands. Someday I'll post a picture of it.

The Cables and O's is being knit up in the Queensland Cotolino called for in the pattern. When Amy mentioned the sale of it at Elann.com on her blog, with the sneak peak of the pattern, I ordered the yarn in black. I have just finished the twisted rib at the bottom of the sweater and plan to start the chart today. Is anyone else working on this pattern?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Thursday said...

I am also working on Cables and Os in Queensland Cotolino. I love the pink that the pattern was done in so I am using that.

Amy R Singer said...

me too -- in the same pink. :-)