Monday, July 23, 2007

The next "big" thing...


Well, now that the lime green Tuscany is done, I was contemplating another Interweave yummy from KNITS Spring 2007, the Cable-Down Raglan (very yummy ocean blue with wonderful cabling pattern), when I thought that maybe I could do the Morrigan, so I looked at the book again...it made my head spin...my life is WAY to complicated right now (zen meditation camp for a month in the mountains might be too complicated for that one, but I still want to do it someday...I applaude those that are doing it), so I looked at Cables and Os...I had a random skein of Debbie Bliss cotton cashmere in "cream" (85% cotton-15% cashmere...not totally "no sheep") and knitted up this geeky thing. It was my first time knitting with this yarn and it is FABU...I've placed a few bids on eBay to snag a "few" more skeins. I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Kristina B said...

great swatch! good luck with the sweater!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

Looks good! While I am a big fan of the recommended yarn (Cotolino), which I am using for my cables and os, I am also totally in love with this pattern, and as long as you like the fabric, go for it! Get ready to not be able to put your knitting down for about a month.
Plus, mmmm-- cotton and cashmere. That would be heavenly.
Also, I am using a slip-stitch selvedge, which I think will end up being a wise choice, just FYI. That's not in the pattern.

Lisa said...

stitch-ay woman, good idea about the salvage edge. What are you doing about the right side as far as button holes are concerned? The pattern calls for using the pattern eyelets as button holes on the RS. I can't see this working very well for me...I would NEVER get the button matched to the right eyelet holes. I was contemplating adding another band on the RS with actual button holes. How are you dealing with this?