Monday, July 23, 2007

The Battle Begins


After swatching, buying yarn, photocopying charts and pasting them up, I finally cast on Friday night. Then I discovered I'd not left enough tail, so I ripped it out and started over. I got to the "end" of the first row and realized I'd left out the side charts, so I did that over. Things did improve though and now I've got about an inch of sweater and have changed up to the larger needles. The Rowan Calmer feels so very nice that it's a good incentive to work on it even when the cables are being pesky.

4 comments:

Kristina B said...

Best of luck... keep us posted (now I want to try mine out... well, maybe not just yet)!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

Hang in there-- and it does help that the Calmer is so yummy, doesn't it? :-)

FuguesStateKnits said...

I have this theory - that the time will go quickly because you will NEVER be bored with the pattern! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
I really like the color you've chosen - Olive?
Take care,
joan

Kate M said...

The color is "khaki" but it's really more of a sage green (grey-green).