Tuesday, July 3, 2007

And another round on the River Rock Scarf.

The small beads that I chose the first time around kept sliding out & around the stitches. After 2 rows of completed rocks, I realized that this was just going to get worse the more the scarf was handled so I went out for more beads. I wound up buying beads that were too big & went back out for ones that are hopefully just right.
I started with the size 3 needles again. A few of the beads were too big & would have landed on top of each other in the row so I skipped a column.
I decided to switch to size 4 for the body of the scarf. Looking at the 1st 2 “rocks”, I need to focus on keeping the beads visually balanced rather than counting the number of beads since the beads are so different in size.
I broke down and bought some of the new Addi Turbo Lace needles. I really like my wood/bamboo ones but the yarn kept getting stuck in the joins. Considering what a royal pain sliding the beads back & forth without getting tangles is, I decided that the extra expense was worth having one less thing to fiddle with.


Helen said...

That scarf is one of my favourite things in the book. I don't think I would have the patience to finish it, so I'm very glad you're doing it so that I can join in vicariously. It looks lovely.

RandomRanter said...

Very colorful!