Thursday, July 12, 2007

More Progress

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingWell, as you can see, I'm making progress, thanks to the Columbia Knitting Meetup at Borders:) I had a blast knitting in front of my cup of coffee, and blabbing away about knitting and whatever else came to mind last night. It was a nice, cheap fun way to enjoy myself. And I had been a good doo-bee and got my work done, so there!

It's interesting that I started this on regular straight needles, in size 2 and had a hellacious time cramming all 352 stitches on even the 14" needles, but now using the size 4 circular (this one's an Addi-Turbo) the linen (green) seems to behave better. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the cables pull everything in a bit. I think I'm going to hem up the ribbing to tone down some of the linen's poofy-ness and then use a green i-cord edging for all the "raw" edges of the sweater to match the "roundness" of the turned up ribbing. We'll see. Why not try a new skill, right?

I just love the way this is coming along - a lot of fun because the pattern is easy to remember yet not boring and deadly as I fear stockinette would have been.

Happy Knitting everyone!

Joan a/k/a fuguestateknits


2 comments:

Tammy said...

I like the striping... it's giving it a very unique, personal look! I know what you mean about stockinette... shudder. But, I must admit that this pattern is so detailed that it scares me a bit as well. Good work!

Kristina B said...

It's looking very good, Joan. I tend to stick more to the "boring" stockinette myself these days... but seeing other people work on more involved patterns is inspiring... I think. ;-)