Saturday, April 28, 2007
The colours are a little different from that, but it's close. I'm very happy with it so far, I tried it on and it looks great.
There's just been one thing, and I'm not sure if it's me, or errata in the pattern. I'm doing the second smallest size, and when I joined and put sleeves on waste yarn, there were supposed to be 59 sleeve stitches on each sleeve. I got the right amount of stitches for the back and front parts, but the sleeves were 57 each. It's possible that I did something wrong, but if I did, I'm not sure what. Since that makes me 4 stitches short, I compensated by not doing the decreases in the first decrease row that comes after the first CC row.
I'm now realizing, of course, that we have a wonderful knitting community online, and there's a good chance that I can send a note to the designer, Wendy Bernard, and get a response when she has a chance. So I think I'll go do that.