Thursday, June 21, 2007

This is Me.

Hello.
Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Marlyn the librarilan. (At least that's what my husband calls me.) I just joined this group after reading about it in Knitting Daily.
I'm not working on a project from NSFY yet, although I plan to, soon, as soon as I finish at least one of my current projects, which are:

A simple triangle shawl from sari silk,
a chenille Chanel-style jacket from the book Knitting Simple Jackets (p.45)
a shawl from the spring issue of Knit Simple (p.26) made from bamboo yarn,
aaaand a pair of fingerless gloves.

I'm an avid reader, and review books on my blog (and occasionally other peoples' blogs).

I'm also a novice gardener, having moved into a house with a garden about 4 years ago.

I'm interested in the Skein Exchange, but I see it's too late.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see you are in So Cal. Where do you shop for yarn? I live in the Bay Area, but my parents are in Orange County. Alwasy looking for new places in LA!

Stitch-ay Woman said...

Welcome to the KAL!

Unknown said...

Thanks, stitch-ay woman!
Jocelyn, I live in North OC, near Long Beach. There are a couple of stores in Long Beach, Alamitos Bay Yarn Company, and LisCat. There's also a really cool store in Bellflower called Stitches in Time in Bellflower.
Where in OC do your parents live?