Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cable and O's Progress

The last time I posted about a month ago my Cable and O's sweater wasn't very far along, I had just started and had only completed 4 repeats, but at 288 stitches per row that was still a mighty fine accomplishment. However after a month of dedicated knitting I finished the entire body tonight, it's off the needles and I feel a great sense of accomplishment.

As you can see the pattern calls for you to knit the back and the two fronts together in one piece. Towards the end it was a bit cumbersome but the pay-off is less seaming and the entire of the body of the sweater is done.



I decided to use the exact same yarn in the same color as in the book, Queensland Cotolino in fuchsia. I'm not a pink person, but I really do like the color, and I;m really glad I'm not sick of it yet. Here is a close-up:


All I have left is two sleeves, one button band (the side with the button holes is already on the sweater, you use the eyelets, smart huh?), and the neck band. Hopefully I will be able to power through and finish it up because I would love to wear it to a special event we have in the first week of October, hopefully grad-school work won't get in the way to much. It's been great to see everyone's projects, keep up the good work!

2 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

This looks great!

Good luck with finishing in time for your special event in October :)

Kristina B said...

Best of luck to you! The colour is lovely and so is the work.