Saturday, March 31, 2007

Looking forward to learning with everybody--

Hello--I am an enthusiastic (well, OK, obsessive) knitter and I am already a big fan of this book because it's going to be such a great addition to my knitting library. I use wool, angora, alpaca, etc. but have been specifically interested in learning the ins and outs of creating garments using plant fibers. (Yes, yes I know-- silk is an animal fiber!)
The designs are lovely-- besides the standouts others have already mentioned, I am definitely going to have to make myself the "hers" gansey and the silk jacket-- but even more than that, I love the fact that Amy has included a very interesting primer on plant fibers and a whole chapter on swatching.
I'm also excited to see that this KAL is going to be encouraging people to swatch and share their results with each other-- this is going to be a potential gold mine of shared knitting knowledge.
I've had significant trouble knitting with cotton in particular, so I hope to learn a lot from Amy's book.

No comments: